Saturday, April 4, 2009

Week 6, Thing #13

Tagging and Del.icio.us. I immediately saw how del.icio.us could help me manage my bookmarks. I recently received a new computer for my library position. I am struggling with this upgrade mainly because the new computer involved switching from a PC to a Mac. I knew how to navigate my bookmarks on the PC. I have yet to transfer my favorites to the new computer. Now, how to do it easily has dropped into my lap.  I created a del.icio.us account and cleaned up all the bookmarks that I have on this computer. I will now go to the other two computers that I work on at home and at school and put all my bookmarks in one convenient and easily accessible location.

I explored the del.icio.us Hotlist, Tags, Popular, and To Watch tabs on the homepage. I went to the Top 100 Tools for the Twittering Teacher. Since I didn't see Twitter as one of our 23 Things in Raven About Web 2.0, I spent some time exploring this web application. I was particularly interested in Moochfly where classroom libraries can be set up and tracked. I also explored Top 100 Librarian Tweeters.

I see using del.icio.us at school to set up individual teacher accounts with bookmarks specific to a topic, unit, or project that a class is working on.

1 comment:

  1. I had the very problem you started with when I had my computer reimaged, I lost all my bookmarks....but I was able to just smile 'cause I had them all in Delicious.:+)

    Thanks for the link to Top 100.... I have to admit that I haven't entered the Twitter world and it wasn't really on my radar when I was putting this class together. I may need to change one of the things (or add a new one) but I just hesitate because I don't have enough time for what I am already following....how do I find time to twitter/tweet????

    ReplyDelete