Friday, April 10, 2009

Week 9, Thing #22

eBooks and Audio eBooks. 

I have long desired to find out how to use eBooks for a truly selfish reason. I love to read and other things often go undone while I am lost in the latest title I am reading. If I could an find audio books site - free if possible - I could multitask without neglecting the world of books. 

I explored the Project Gutenberg website and browsed the human-read audio books. Although there is quite a list of books available, I was unable to download an entire book. I did listen to the beginning of several titles. I would love to find a tutorial on how to use this site. I'm sure membership is required to be able to download the free books.

The next site I looked at was LibriVox. This site includes directions on how to listen. Using the easy to follow directions I was able to download an entire audio book (The Treasury of Beatrix Potter) to my iTunes library. (I believe that I will be able to apply this new-found knowledge at the Project Gutenberg site.)


1 comment:

  1. Susan,
    I had some of the same troubles you did. I did like Librivox. We'll have to talk about some of the other interesting things you found. I better start using our librarian wiki.
    C

    ReplyDelete