Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Week 8, Thing #19

I had heard of Library Thing but never taken the time to explore the site until today. I knew the minute that I clicked on the homepage that I was going to like this one. I enjoyed how there is humor in the text of this site. Little surprises that made me smile like, "Sign up. It's more fun than the tour." or "but where do I get the t-shirt?" (I did find out how to order the t-shirt.)

I can see using this site for my home library. I have a collection of my favorite and most used titles that I keep just to use in case the library copy is checked out when I need it. It will also be useful to add professional resources to my Library Thing. 

I chose to add the 3/4 Battle of the Books to my Library Thing library because it is that time of the year and I need to work with those titles in the next couple of weeks. It was easy to cut and paste the ISBN's  and add titles  to the library. It took me only a couple of minutes to add 17 titles. That was fast! It was also quick and easy to add the widget to my blog. I will also add this to our library home page. This is a fun and useful site AND it's easy to use. By far, my favorite so far and I have only explored the surface if it's capabilities.

1 comment:

  1. I like to use LT as a readers advisory. other people who read this book also read.... has helped me to find a few really good new reads.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete