Friday, April 10, 2009

Week 9, Thing #21

Podcasts
I was unable to access either the Yahoo: What is a podcast tutorial link or  the podcast.net link. Blocked? Podcast Alley opened for me, so that Is where I started this exploration. I searched the education genre in Podcast Alley and found numerous interesting titles, but I was looking for podcasts done by students. The next exploration site I went to  was Podcasts for teachers, techpod. I learned that many podcasts are actually more like a radio show.I found a great quilting podcast to which  I may subscribe.

EPN, The Educational Podcast Network took me to student podcasts where I found many podcasts created for and by students. Techsavygirlz was my overall favorite site in all my exploration of podcasting. The site was simple to navigate and contained many examples of how many different types of curricular connections could be made using student podcasts. I will like to try a podcast something like the digital art portfolios found at this site.

While looking at what other scholars of Raven About Web 2.0 were discovering, I found posted from Youtube a video that is created by the same author as a Wiki YouTube video that I had posted earlier. This one is Podcasting in Plain English. (I wish I had found this at the beginning of my podcast exploration!)





No comments:

Post a Comment